THE CORONAVIRUS / COVID19 PANDEMIC IS A GLOBAL ISSUE THAT REQUIRES A COLLECTIVE RESPONSE.
TO THAT END YOU3DIT INC. IS PRODUCING AS MANY PRODUCTS / SERVICES AS POSSIBLE TO HELP PREVENT AND MITIGATE THE SPREAD OF THIS CONTAGIOUS DISEASE.
For every $100 of products sold, we’ll commit to making & donating 1x face shield for #medicalprofessionals. (this product included).
- This product has some forehead cover, but is not FDA approved. REUSE SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Transparency shield does NOT have typical anti fog, anti static coatings which are essential to keep COVID19 carrying dust particles off and away from face shields.
- These should be considered DISPOSABLE and should not be reused.
- Any and all other uses are at your own risk.
- VISOR | 3d printed (extrusion) | REUSE W/DISINFECTANT CARE POSSIBLE
- DEFAULT: PLA (various producers: Matterhackers, Colorfabb, etc.)
- PETG (TBD)
- DISPOSABLE TRANSPARENT SHIELDS:
- DEFAULT: Sheet Protectors (Fellowes) | PVC | SINGLE EXPOSURE ONLY
- Transparency Film (an ACCO brand, APOLLO) | polyethelene | SINGLE EXPOSURE ONLY
- SHIELD COATINGS (OPTIONAL):
DEFAULT: Rubber band | Likely materials: MATERIAL: Latex Rubber: 55%
Clay Mixture: 45% (product link)
- Elastic (latex / non latex) - MFG: MCR Safety | Distributor Grainger (Product Link)
- Nylon - (latex / non latex) - Croakies Terra Spec Cord (Product Link)
- FOAM (head padding):
- DEFAULT: 3M Padded Strip (link) for head comfort | closed-cell acrylic foam
- Rubber Weather Stripping
LEAD TIMES (1 - 7 Business Days):
- Individual Orders (qty 1-10x): ships within 1-3 business days
- Bulk Orders (qty 10x): ship within 3-5 business days
- Bulk Orders (qty 100x): ship within 5-7 business days
- We'll process a refund instantly if we do not believe we can accommodate the order.
- 3DVerkstan Protective Visor - no known, official medical endorsements known. That said, many hospitals have "approved" the use of these protective visors. These are faster to fabricate and ship.
- Design That Matters (DtM) Face Shield - supported by the National Institute of Health (NIH). Slower to fabricate (3.5 hours) but has the most doctor and medical support behind it (to our knowledge).
- Budmen Industries (this product) - as of 4/2/2020, this design has been supported by the National Institute of Health (NIH). Takes 2.5 hours on typical extrusion machines to fabricate but have more doctor and medical support.
If you cannot afford to pay for this product at full price, we have the following discount codes to support you:
YOU3DITCOVID19 - 19% off all pandemic gear at checkout.
FLATTENTHECURVE2020 - 50% off all pandemic gear at checkout...this price reflects our cost to make the parts. May not be sustainable for our business long term. SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES TO MAINTAIN THIS DISCOUNT HAVE RUN OUT
HOW TO USE:
- Attach perforated overhead transparency film onto the tabs of the face shield headband
- Wear as close to face as possible
- Use rubber band to better affix and adjust for sizing.
- Other head bands (e.g. Nike) can be used with these shields
- 3/17/2020 to 5/24/2020: First available, prioritizing production, packaging and shipping.
- 5/25/2020 and beyond: for non-bulk orders, you can indicate a color preference in the "order notes" during checkout and we'll do our best to accommodate.
- The design was procured from https://budmen.com/. If you own your own 3D printer, you can download the design there and print yourself.
- You3Dit Inc has been working with doctors and other medical suppliers to determine best fit, coatings and other details.
- Teamwork makes the dream work.