THE CORONAVIRUS / COVID19 PANDEMIC IS A GLOBAL ISSUE THAT REQUIRES A COLLECTIVE RESPONSE.
TO THAT END YOU3DIT INC. IS PRODUCING AS MANY PRODUCTS / SERVICES AS POSSIBLE TO HELP PREVENT AND MITIGATE THE SPREAD OF THIS CONTAGIOUS DISEASE.
THIS DESIGN HAS BEEN RETIRED AS OF APRIL 4, 2020. THE RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVE IS THE Design That Matters - Low-cost Visor with Disposable Shields - supported by the NIH (AM)
For every $100 product sold, we’ll commit to making & donating 1x face shield for #medicalprofessionals. (this product included).
- Gaps in headband allow airborne particles to enter the facial area. This is serious risk for medical staff working directly with infected patients. For preventative use external to medical environments, this product does provide a barrier. REUSE SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Transparency shield does NOT have typical anti fog, anti static coatings which are essential to keep COVID19 carrying dust particles off and away from face shields.
- These should be considered DISPOSABLE and should not be reused.
- Any and all other uses are at your own risk.
- Universal Headband | 3d printed (extrusion) PLA (various producers: Matterhackers, Lulzbot, etc.)
- Overhead projector sheets (an ACCO brand, APOLLO) | polyethelene
- Rubber band | Likely materials: MATERIAL: Latex Rubber: 55%
Clay Mixture: 45%
LEAD TIMES (1 - 5 Business Days):
- Individual Orders (qty 1-10x): ship same day if ordered before 11am PST
- Bulk Orders (qty 10x): ship within 3-5 business days based on materials availability and supply chain.
- Bulk Orders (qty 100x): ship within 5-7 business days based on materials availability and supply chain.
- We'll process a refund instantly if we do not believe we can accommodate the order.
- 3DVerkstan Protective Visor (this product) - no known, official medical endorsements known. That said, many hospitals have "approved" the use of these protective visors. These are faster to fabricate and ship.
- Design That Matters (DtM) Face Shield - supported by the National Institute of Health (NIH). Slower to fabricate but have more doctor and medical support.
If you cannot afford to pay for this product at full price, we have the following discount codes to support you:
YOU3DITCOVID19 - 19% off all pandemic gear at checkout.
FLATTENTHECURVE2020 - 50% off all pandemic gear at checkout...this price reflects our cost to make the parts. May not be sustainable for our business long term. SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES TO MAINTAIN THIS DISCOUNT HAVE RUN OUT
How to use:
- Attach perforated overhead transparency film onto the tabs of the face shield headband
- Wear as close to face as possible
- Use rubber band to better affix and adjust for sizing.
- Any, first available, prioritizing production, packaging and shipping.
- The design was procured from our friends at 3dverkstan in Sweden. If you own your own 3D printer, you can download the design there and print yourself.
Great product and great cause! I went into my office building only because I was wearing this visor.